North and South Korean families are reunited after over 60 years following the Korean War.
Dozens of South Korean families have been meeting relatives from the North in the most tangible gain yet from the improvement in relations between the two countries.
The South Koreans were separated from their relatives by the Korean War.
Key words and phrases
fear or worry about what is to happen
• It was with some trepidation that Dan asked his girlfriend to marry him.
• She walked towards the judge bravely and with no trepidation.
crying or likely to cry
• If you see Sam crying, don’t worry. He’s just a bit tearful about his recent breakup.
• The end of the movie was so beautiful. It made me tearful for hours.
both happy and sad at the same time
• Living there was a bittersweet experience. I learned a lot, but I missed my family.
• All the best stories have bittersweet endings. A happy ending is so clichéd.
You can test your understanding here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-1/session-52[Cover image: GETTY IMAGES]
Do you want to learn how to speak English? Then join us here on YouTube for great grammar, drama, news, study, pronunciation, vocabulary, music, interviews and celebrity videos. Every day we have a new video to help you with English. We also produce regular ‘extra’ videos across the week so come back every day to see what’s new.
MONDAY: The English We Speak
TUESDAY: News Review
THURSDAY: 6 Minute English
FRIDAY: The Experiment (watch this space for new and exciting content that we are trying out!)
Please use English when you comment.
For more videos and content that will help you learn English, visit our website: http://www.bbclearningenglish.com